Friday, August 17, 2012

An Awesome Testimonial for Matt Sanchez

http://awrightworld.tumblr.com/post/29546486131/rip-matt-sanchez-pops#post-notes


                                  RIP Matt Sanchez "Pop"

Dear Friends and Fam…

As you may have already heard the city of Santa Barbara has just lost a great community leader, a father to many, and long time local resident Matt Sanchez. 
He fought everyday against his tragic illness, but always kept a smile through the last days of his time with us. He showed what a true man is, and never looked down on anyone unless he was helping them get back on there feet. 
Matt was a father to me, a father to all my friends. His son and I are brothers whom will never forget the life of a person that raised us to live life with passion, wisdom, and fun. Without him I wouldn’t have followed my dreams, my passions in life. It takes a role-model to help guide you. His words were always “listen to your gut”… “follow your goals”… “never regret”… “always give someone a hand”… along with the jokes to keep you laughing.
The barber shop is our meeting grounds, a place to talk, to share, to laugh, to get away if you needed anything. That shoulder to lean on or simply just to wave your hand in passing, knowing you’ll get one back. 
The crew and friends whom sat in the chairs daily, having their coffee, sharing stories, getting their hair cut as they have since children. It won’t be the same, but we will long live you in spirit.

——

The wonderful Santa Barbara community is taking time to reflect on his life through a memorial service on Saturday Aug 25 @1pm at the Granada Theatre. I will not be able to grace my presence, so I ask anyone close or able to, please go. Please show your love and peace to this amazing man whom is more to me than words alone.

I thank you for your time in reading this, and in helping to spread the word about this great man’s life.
He was a difference maker & one that myself and the world around him could embrace as both a leader and a role model for future generations to follow. 

Miss you POPS.. The whole crew does. You are the smile that never quit. You are the spirit that will never die.


(The last photo I ever shot of Matt Sanchez and Son Tim) RIP  

S.B.C.C.C. The place where COMMON SENSE never goes out of style!

No comments: