Sunday, April 3, 2011

Was it a Gang Brawl at Goleta Beach last week?


Sebastian is seated in the white shirt.














We are a True Community here in Santa Barbara and our elected politicians seem to think they are smarter than all of us. Unfortunately I missed an email which had invited me to be interviewed for television this past Friday. I am sure that more invitations will be forthcoming as I continue my research in trying to understand our County Government.

Speaking of government one of the recent Santa Barbara City Council Appointees to the City Advisory Group was Sebastian Aldana Jr. Sorry it’s late but I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to him. He and I have been friends over 35 years now. He was best man in my wedding and is also my oldest son’s God Father. While visiting with Sebastian Friday Pedro Nava walked up and I was briefly introduced to him, I liked the vibe he gave off.

Than while I was grocery shopping Saturday and ran into a Director of one of our local Boys & Girls Clubs and we chatted about our youth at length. We talked about the abuse they are facing which I feel has reached a crisis level. I will share more of our conversation in just a moment.

To the Zazueta Family I hope the murder trial of your daughter Lisa brings justice to your family. I am insulted how our Superior Courts have continuously dragged there foot in placing this matter on calendar. Our Fathers have been friends since attending Lincoln elementary school, my ex wife used to baby sit Lisa and we all attend Santa Barbara High School


To KEYT news kudos on being the only none COWARD in there reporting of the fight at Goleta beach last week. We will get back to that in just a moment as well.

I also did receive three emails from a local media reporter and I hope that the correspondence continues.





Oath of Office.
The California State Constitution requires all public employees to take an oath upon appointment. You must swear to support and defend the State of California and its Constitution, and the United States and its Constitution. You must also swear to faithfully perform your responsibilities as a City employee. This was taken from a Santa Barbara City Employee handbook.


I hate to start with the “Gang Issue” but once again our media and Sheriffs choose to Sensationalize events while they forget to practice any kind of Journalistic or Personal Integrity. Let me be clear here there are so many things wrong with what happen at Goleta beach last week on so many levels. Again if you Google “fight at Goleta beach’ you will get numerous results that call it a “Gang Brawl”. Saturdays news press on page 3 made sure to clarify in there story title it was a gang brawl period. While it seems all of the local media forgot to mention that it started out as a flag football game and than broke into the “alleged” gang brawl. I must admit the Santa Barbara County Sheriffs are coming of real weak here and I think you should stick to collecting dog license fee’s if you cannot uphold your OATH. That also made the Saturday news press with a picture of a Sheriff knocking on a door. If our Law Enforcement worked harder on the missing funds from the county pension you might not be out there begging for dollars.


Do you want to know the sad truth? I am 100 times more afraid of illegal acts against me by Judges, D.A.'s, Cops and Sheriffs than I am of "Gang Activity" and harm I might face. 


As per the KEYT report there was a football game being played than the players involved realized they were in rival gangs, a fight ensued. This is what I mean when I say there is so much that is wrong here. The fact that they could compete with no hostility is what should be happening every day by all these kids. I cannot find words to explain and will not make excuses on how it is they cannot see that. Now let me ask you this; how is it “Gang Members” could not identify themselves by how they looked, there “Associates” what they were wearing, tattoos, cloths, and speech while playing football that day?  How is it only local law enforcement is able to do so?
Go to the link below and listen to KEYT’s video report as the broke the story live on T.V. KEYT did more than that though. They went back to Goleta beach the next day and interviewed the public to see if they felt unsafe. Most did not know anything even happen, a mature woman called it an ‘Isolated” incident which is all it amounts to when you consider that over 1 million people a year visit that beach.
I feel there might be one more contributing factor as to why the public feels safe and would hate to over look it. The Santa Barbara County Sheriffs do an excellent job but please don’t let the media or politicians fool you. The public has spoken and they are not buying into the “Gang” media campaign that Santa Barbara County keeps putting out. Not only did the public at the beach, but those that voted for our last D.A. they too did not buy Josh Lynn’s account either. For that matter the Santa Barbara Boys & Girls Club director that I spoke with yesterday in no way was he for the Gang injunction by the City of Santa Barbara or did he like how our youth are being treated. So I have to ask just who is claiming that the 1% of our city crime committed by labeled Gang Members is a crisis certainly not the community of Santa Barbara!

Part two today will deal with the Santa Barbara Board of Supervisors and the alleged unfunded future pension liability.


  
Tuesday http://www.keyt.com/news/local/Authorities-Investigating-Gang-Related-Fight-119032509.html?video=pop&ta

Authorities Investigating Gang-Related Fight

Authorities are investigating a gang-related fight at Goleta Beach. It happened about 4:30 p.m. on Thursday.Officials say it started at a flag football game. When the players involved realized they were in  rival gangs, a fight ensued.

No comments: