Thursday, May 6, 2010

People have concerns and fears. Whistle Blower

Others have concerns as well, below is taken of the Santa Barbara Craigslist Rants & Raves

Need advice - whistle blower

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-05-04, 6:13PM PDT

Reply To This Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I have knowledge of a project here in Santa Barbara area where I have seen the products used are sub-standard. I have told the uppers where I once worked about it but it fell on deaf ears. Do I keep my mouth shut now and let a potential disaster happen where lives could be lost or do I approach the people funding the project???

A reply posting below


Re: Whistle Blower

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-05-04, 10:05PM PDT

Reply To This Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Post a few more details and other relevant info....
You are treading on thin ground but it is doable. (my boss was embezzling in a very sly way but still.....he used the non-profit I worked for, funds to pay his own bills, his office rent, him and his wife's expenses, etc. I was the one who cut the checks and maintained the books. After awhile I became very uncomfortable with what I saw going on. I spoke with a board member of the non-profit I worked with and a month later, or so, lost my job. It took about 6-12 months and they finally got rid of him but I lost my job!Nothing and no one has done a thing since I was there......) Moral of the example is to make sure you go through proper channels, speak with the right person(s), get proof-documentation, whatever and be willing to ask yourself...."what it's worth to you?" If it's endangering others in any way, step up and do the right thing. (I'm not sure if I would've done what I did all over again. I'm an excellent worker but the job market these days is tough. I really loved my job too:(
Good luck and only you know the right answer.

No comments: