Monday, May 17, 2010

What is your Greatest day being an American? Mine is? A response from my Friend Gregg

Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 18:31:05 -0600

Larry, let me share with you my special moment: I get an overwhelming sense of pride, freedom and blessedness whenever I stand with 50,000 or so strangers at Dodger stadium just before a baseball game. Covering my heart with my hand, I whisper the words to the Star Bangled Banner while it is sang loud and strong by one lone soul, often quietly accompanied by many in the crowd. Then, no sooner as the last note ends, the crowd is silenced by the thounderous roar of military fighter jets as they streak past overhead in a precision fly-by, assuring me that nothing is going to harm me tonight, not on their watch. The crowd then goes wild and roars with American pride and patriotism. Because while we enjoy America's favorite past time in the land of the free and the home of the brave, other Americans are working hard at keeping a vigilant watch and assuring the protection of our magnificent shores. Absolutely!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! NOW MORE THAN EVER!!!

Gregg

Henry Ford said: "Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!"

No comments: